February 09, 2009

The Bed

We will chronicle this ride down memory lane from worst to best. Below, I give you the 'Living out of a Suitcase' phase of our life. We had 3 air mattresses before we finally gave in and got a bed. Nothing was worse than waking up at 2:30 in the morning on the hard wood floor due to a deflation.

Like the rug? NOT. This is what happens when I let Taft pick things out from Urban. I think my brother brought me home a backpack in the same pattern from his Guatemalan mission- at the ripe old age of 8 I had the sense to know it was fashion suicide but my mother made me use it for the next 2 years. That is what you get in a family of 7 kids.

Thank you Mom and Pop. They said if we let my sister use our car that was parked in their driveway, they would buy us a mattress. Once again, that is what you get in a family of 7 kids. We were in heaven!

I still want to paint the wrought iron a granny apple green, but I am satisfied for now. I also want to throw more pillows on there, just waiting for some fabric that I can't live without.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

This makes me jealous. I want a grown-up bed too!! It's very cute!

Youngquist Family said...

That's a beautiful head board...and it fits just perfectly. Is it off the floor? And when do you find out the sex of your baby? Can't wait.