January 21, 2009

3 day weekend update

This weekend we had Andy and Alex over for a riveting game of blokus.



If you haven't played it before, you should. Doesn't it just look fun? And I'm not being sarcastic, those are genuine expressions.


The object of the game is to try and put all your tile down without getting blocked. Taft won with the green, then Andy with the yellow, Alex with the red, and I lost big time with the blue. It's funny because growing up, whenever I would play games, I liked losing because I didn't mind and that way nobody had to have their feelings hurt. Now, even when I try to win, I loose- so I guess I'll just keep telling myself I do it on purpose to spare other peoples feelings.


We finished the night off with this deliciousness. The bad thing about this dessert is that it is so compact, you can eat alot of it without even realizing. Also, it is probably the most caloricly dense dessert I have ever made. Did I mention it is totally worth it?


And just to tease you for upcoming events. . . We did go shopping this weekend and I do have a new bed. I love it. It is almost done. I can't wait to be able to post the after shot! We will finally be off the floor! Oh, and in case you are confused, we stick our bed into this little nook next to the closet. That way our room is alot more open and now Taft has room for a little studio. By studio I mean for music. A lot of people in Chicago don't know the depths of Taft's musicianary. You are missing out.


3 comments:

Lindsay Ross said...

come to utah and play a game with me please! i miss you

Erin said...

Jealous! Too bad I was in Denver! I want to try your dessert- and I am glad to see you are getting use out of your dish :) See you soon!

Alex said...

My favorite part about that picture is that I am cheering Taft on to beat Andy. Go Taft, go!!! Can't wait to see the finish product of the bed.